Promundo in the Press: March 2017
April 5, 2017
Welcome to “Promundo in the Press,” a monthly recap of media that mention Promundo or MenCare, the global fatherhood campaign that Promundo co-coordinates. We know that in order to create a truly equal, nonviolent world in which men and boys are allies in the fight for gender justice, we need to spread the word. Here are the top 10 featured articles from March:
- The SF Chronicle profiles Promundo’s The Man Box report in “Young men say they feel stuck in a ‘Man Box.’”
- Oxfam features a piece by Jane Kato-Wallace, Senior Program Officer at Promundo, titled “Why Men Matter in Closing the Caregiving Divide.”
- In Huffington Post Brazil, Tatiana Moura, Executive Director of Promundo-Brasil, writes “Um Dia Sem Mulheres” (“A Day Without Women,” in English), covering the International Women’s Day strike on March 8.
- The Conversation profiles research from The Man Box report in “Act tough and hide weakness: research reveals pressure young men are under.”
- Yahoo News cites Promundo’s child marriage research in “Child marriage is a reality for millions of girls across the globe.”
- Brookings identifies Promundo as a “groundbreaker” in innovative work in “Who is shaping girls’ education globally?’
- Devex mentions Promundo’s work engaging men and boys in “Here’s how to tackle root causes — not just symptoms — of gender inequality.”
- In the Spanish outlet El País, Ritxar Bacete González, a Promundo Senior Fellow, highlights the State of the World’s Fathers report, a MenCare publication, in “¡Feliz día del padre feminista! y los 364 días que quedan para demostrarlo” (“Happy feminist Father’s Day! And the remaining 364 days to prove it,” in English).
- CUNY’s New Labor Forum profiles MenCare and Promundo’s work in “Recognize, Reduce, Redistribute Unpaid Care Work: How to Close the Gender Gap.”
- Georgia Today covers MenCare’s work during Gender Week in Georgia in an article titled, “MenCare Campaign and the Issues of Gender Equality.”