Promundo in the Press: February 2017
March 6, 2017
Welcome to “Promundo in the Press,” a monthly recap of media that mention Promundo’s work. We know that in order to create a truly equal, nonviolent world in which men and boys are allies in the fight for gender justice, we need to spread the word. Here are the top 10 featured articles from February:
- Voice Male Magazine features a piece by Promundo’s Tatiana Moura and Victoria Page titled “Brazil’s Policies Harmful to Women’s Equality…And Bad For Men, Too.”
- New America profiles Promundo’s letter to President Trump in “Speaking Up for Women’s Rights.”
- In Huffington Post, Jennifer Siebel Newsom is quoted promoting the #BeAModelMan campaign Promundo co-sponsored in “Why We March: 15 Women Leaders Offer Strategies to Advance the Movement.”
- Power 102FM features an audio clip of Promundo’s Natko Gereš’ TV interview in Trinidad and Tobago in “Masculinity is in crisis.” The full interview is available on YouTube.
- Fatherly covers Promundo’s panel at the Dad 2.0 Summit in San Diego in “6 Key Takeaways From The Largest Gathering Of Digital Dad,” highlighting Promundo’s State of America’s Fathers report, a MenCare publication.
- Women’s E-News features Rob Okun’s op-ed on Promundo’s letter to President Trump, titled “Male Activists Urge Donald Trump to Change Attitude Toward Women.”
- Pittsburgh Courier promotes Promundo’s Manhood 2.0 program in “Research study for young men.”
- IOL makes the case for paternity leave, citing State of America’s Fathers, in “Why dads should be given paternity leave.”
- Child Trends announces their collaboration with Promundo in the evaluation of Manhood 2.0.
- Eduflack writes about the Dad 2.0 Summit and his participation alongside Promundo’s Brian Heilman in a panel discussion about fatherhood and gender roles, in “Where is Fatherhood?”