Promundo Signs on as Official Partner of 50/50 Day, Working Toward a Gender-Equitable World
April 27, 2017
Promundo has signed on as an official partner for 50/50 Day on May 10, a campaign founded by Emmy-nominated filmmaker Tiffany Shlain to examine the history of women and power and engage people across the world in a movement for gender equity.
On 50/50 Day, thousands of organizations, companies, schools, museums, and groups will join a global conversation about what it will take to achieve a more gender-balanced world. Participating groups will screen the acclaimed, 20-minute 50/50 film, engage with free discussion materials, and tune into a 24-hour livecast Q&A that unifies all the film screenings and features prominent leaders from diverse perspectives, including Promundo’s President and CEO, Gary Barker, presenting on how to reach a more gender-equitable world in all sectors of society.
Tune in to livestream the event and contribute questions for Gary, and for experts from a variety of fields, including:
- Dolores Huerta, Activist and Union Leader
- Eric Garcetti, Mayor of Los Angeles
- Laura Liswood, Secretary General of the UN Council of Women World Leaders
- Vigdis Finnbogadottir, Former President of Iceland
- Van Jones, Activist, CNN Political Commentator, and Author
- Congresswoman Carolyn B. Maloney (NY)
- Kimberlé Crenshaw, Professor and Executive Director of African American Policy Forum
- Eva Longoria, Actress and Philanthropist
A complete 24-hour schedule will be announced just before May 10. Currently, nearly 10,000 film screening and discussion events are scheduled around the world.