Join Promundo, Ipas, and Partners at an ICFP Side Event to Explore Men’s Roles in Supporting Women’s Access to Safe Abortion
November 1, 2018
Join Promundo, Ipas, and partners at Exploring Men’s Roles as Partners and Activists Supporting Women’s Access to Safe Abortion, a breakfast side event at the International Conference on Family Planning 2018.
The event will highlight experiences and research findings from Rwanda, Nigeria, and India:
- Tom Mulisa, Executive Director of the Great Lakes Initiative for Human Rights and Development, will discuss “Safe abortion in Rwanda: The legal and policy framework.”
- Amy Shipow and Natacha Mugeni of Health Development Initiative-Rwanda will present findings from the study “Male activists and advocates for safe abortion in Rwanda.”
- Hauwa Shekarau, Ipas Nigeria Country Director, will discuss “Partnering with the police to promote access to safe abortion in Nigeria.”
- Sapna Kedia, Technical Specialist from the International Center for Research on Women (ICRW), will present findings from the study “Male involvement in pre-marital abortions in Delhi.”
- Kate Doyle, Senior Program Officer at Promundo-US, will moderate the session.
We encourage —and have planned time for—audience questions and discussion after the presentations.
Wednesday, November 14th, 2018
7:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. CAT
Kigali Conference Center, Room AD10
Continental Breakfast provided
RSVP for the side event here.
Promundo would like to thank the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation for their generous support of this side event.