Promundo in the Press: February 2019
March 13, 2019
Welcome to “Promundo in the Press,” a monthly recap of media that mention Promundo or MenCare, the global fatherhood campaign that Promundo co-coordinates. We know that in order to create a truly equal, nonviolent world in which men and boys are allies in the fight for gender justice, we need to spread the word. Here are the top 10 featured articles from February:
- The Guardian mentions Promundo’s data on the potential effects of conflict on rigid gender roles in “Afghanistan‘s Generation Z – A Photo Essay.”
- ABC7 cites research from Promundo’s Helping Dads Care in “Dove Men+Care Launches The Pledge for Paternity Leave and $1 Million Paternity Leave Fund.”
- Emerging Europe covers MenCare Georgia’s work in raising awareness about the importance of positive and equitable fatherhood in “Emerging Europe’s Fathers Should Spend More Time With Their Kids.”
- Oklahoma Gazette highlights Promundo’s partnership with nonprofit Stop Street Harassment in “Rude Calls,” an article on the importance of education in ending street harassment.
- The Independent cites Promundo’s Helping Dads Care study in “Bim Afolami Mp To Become ‘first Father In British Parliamentary History’ To Vote By Proxy While On Paternity Leave.”
- Georgian Journal highlights MenCare research in Georgia in “Fathers Reading Fairy-Tales to Their Kids in Kharagauli Kindergartens.”
- Deadline mentions Promundo’s partnership with Roll Red Roll, a documentary uncovering “boys will be boys” culture in “Together Films Sets Theatrical Launch For ‘Roll Red Roll’.”
- LatinAmerican Post cites MenCare data on parental leave in “How Do Maternity Leave Works in Latin America?”
- Barron’s cites the Helping Dads Care study in “Why Wall Street Needs Paid Paternity Leave.”
- Radio Télévision Suisse covers MenCare partner activities in Switzerland in “”Penser qu’un collaborateur jeune père est aux affaires est un leurre” [in English, “To think that a co-worker who is a new father can focus completely on his job is a delusion”].