Promundo in the Press: February 2020
March 11, 2020
Welcome to “Promundo in the Press,” a monthly recap of media that mention Promundo or MenCare, the global fatherhood campaign that Promundo co-coordinates. We know that in order to create a truly equal, nonviolent world in which men and boys are allies in the fight for gender justice, we need to spread the word. Here are the top 10 featured articles from February:
3. Promundo President and CEO Gary Barker co-authors a piece for Apolitical highlighting the State of the World’s Fathers 2019 report, the MenCare Commitment, and the Boys and Men as Partners for Advancing Gender Equality infographic in “Paid Leave Is Our Best Shot for Equality in the Home.”
5. O Tempo interviews Instituto Promundo’s Executive Director Miguel Fontes and mentions Instituto Promundo’s work in “’Homens Não Nascem Violentos’” [in English, “’Men Are Not Born Violent’”].
6. El Espectador interviews Gary Barker and mentions Promundo in “El Estigma de Ser un Hombre Violentado Sexualmente” [in English, “The Stigma of Being a Sexually Violated Man”].
9. The IMF Blog mentions Promundo’s programs in “Fiscal Policies for Women’s Economic Empowerment.”
10. Oink Oink cites data from the The Cost of the Man Box: A study on the economic impacts of harmful masculine stereotypes in Mexico report in “En México El Machismo Cuesta Mil 400 Mdd Al Año” [in English, “In Mexico, Machismo Costs $1.4 Billion a Year”].