Promundo in the Press: January 2020
February 5, 2020
Welcome to “Promundo in the Press,” a monthly recap of media that mention Promundo or MenCare, the global fatherhood campaign that Promundo co-coordinates. We know that in order to create a truly equal, nonviolent world in which men and boys are allies in the fight for gender justice, we need to spread the word. Here are the top 10 featured articles from January:
1. Women eNews mentions the Boys and Men as Partners for Advancing Gender Equality infographic, produced by Promundo, Women Deliver, and Unilever, Dove Men+Care, in “Reflections on Davos: Through a Gender Lens.”
4. Futurity cites the Male Adolescents’ Gender Attitudes and Violence: Implications for Youth Violence Prevention article, co-authored by Promundo’s Jane Kato-Wallace, and mentions Manhood 2.0 in “Fighting More Likely for Teen Boys Who Witness Gender Violence.”
5. Gary Barker authors a blog for OECD’s Development Matters, highlighting the Bandebereho manual and the International Men and Gender Equality Survey (IMAGES), in “Where are Men in the Drive to End Violence Against Women?”
8. El Tiempo covers Instituto Promundo’s partnership with Uber in “Conductoras Mujeres, ¿Aplicaciones de Transporte Más Seguras?” [in English, “Female Drivers, Safer Transport Apps?”].
10. Reuters cites data from the Understanding Masculinities: Results from the International Men and Gender Equality Survey (IMAGES) – Middle East and North Africa report in “Making Fun of Men or Emboldening Sex Pests? Egyptian Song Spurs Debate.”